Who is Mother Grey's named after?
- Mother Grey's is named after the Matriarch of the Grey clan out of St. Thomas, Jamaica who migrated with her family over to New York City. She was a virtuous wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and friend to many. Her presence was calm yet powerful, and peaceful. One of her middle granddaughters wished to honor her memory in the store's name.
What kind of styling do you do? What are your prices?
- We serve but are not limited to musicians, dancers, entertainers and other artists of the diaspora. Styling consists of head-wrapping or body-wrapping depending on the project. For rates please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you do classes?
- Yes we do! We provide wrap consultations for women and men who are unfamiliar with the head-wrapping process. This includes discussing the spiritual and mental benefits of covering the hair and a physical demonstration of the wrapping process. We offer group and individual wrapping classes virtually and in person. To arrange an event or class please email email@example.com.
How do I care for my wraps?
- We advise handwashing them cold with regular detergent and hanging to dry. For our handpainted Malian fabrics such as Ngezi and Bintou, a gentle 5-10 minute soak and rinse without scrubbing is suitable.
What's your shipping/return policy?
- Please visit our Policies page for detailed info.
Where are Mother Grey's products from?
- Our fabrics are carefully sourced from artisans in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and handcrafted in New Jersey, USA. Our owner is fully involved in every step of the process from material sourcing, down to manufacturing and shipping orders.
Why should I explore my roots?
- Its the "fabric" of who you are. To understand where you're going, it's important to understand where you've been in many other lifetimes.
What makes you different from other brands?
- Our founder's main goal is to help our supporters find more of themselves through cultural love and expression. We believe in the positive mental shift that takes place awith one's Self when our wraps are worn.
Where are you located?
- Mother Grey's operates out of New Jersey, USA.